Hillary Clinton shared a hopeful message Friday as she awaited the official inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump, who beat her months ago in a grueling race for the nation’s highest public office.
Clinton was among the thousands who gathered near the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., where Trump is set to soon take his oath of office and be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.
“I’m here today to honor our democracy & its enduring values. I will never stop believing in our country & its future,” the former Democratic presidential candidate wrote on Twitter.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science