Hillary Clinton shared a hopeful message Friday as she awaited the official inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump, who beat her months ago in a grueling race for the nation’s highest public office.
Clinton was among the thousands who gathered near the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., where Trump is set to soon take his oath of office and be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.
“I’m here today to honor our democracy & its enduring values. I will never stop believing in our country & its future,” the former Democratic presidential candidate wrote on Twitter.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org