Donald Trump ascended to the highest office in the nation on Friday when he was sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.
Trump’s inauguration ceremony in Washington, D.C., started about 9:30 a.m. E.T. near the Capitol Building. Musical performances kicked off the festivities before the incoming commander-in-chief formally took his oath of office.
Trump was sworn in at noon, with prayers and readings from religious leaders. Mike Pence was sworn in as Vice President by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas before Trump was sworn in as President by Chief Justice John Roberts.
Watch the Inauguration Day events live above.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization