Donald Trump ascended to the highest office in the nation on Friday when he was sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.
Trump’s inauguration ceremony in Washington, D.C., started about 9:30 a.m. E.T. near the Capitol Building. Musical performances kicked off the festivities before the incoming commander-in-chief formally took his oath of office.
Trump was sworn in at noon, with prayers and readings from religious leaders. Mike Pence was sworn in as Vice President by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas before Trump was sworn in as President by Chief Justice John Roberts.
Watch the Inauguration Day events live above.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate