The Human Rights Campaign sent a letter to Congressional offices on Tuesday, raising concerns that Price would reverse protections for LGBT patients.
Price, an orthopedic surgeon, has been a vocal critic of the Affordable Care Act, which Republican legislators are moving to repeal. Price has proposed replacement healthcare bills in Congress in the past.
Watch a live stream of Price’s hearing, which is set to begin at 10 a.m.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow