During a Tuesday appearance on TODAY to promote his new Broadway musical A Bronx Tale, the 73-year-old actor was asked if he thinks the calls to oppose Friday’s inaugural events are “warranted.”
“Yeah, I think they are,” he told anchor Matt Lauer. “I think that whatever people do they should do it fully because there’s a lot of crazy stuff happening now — it’s just crazy. And maybe it’s an act and we’ll see once [Trump’s] in, but you know, everybody has to be on guard.”
De Niro was vocal about his stance on Trump leading up to the election, calling him, “a bulls—t artist … who doesn’t know what he’s talking about,” in an October interview for the #VoteYourFuture campaign.
Watch the full TODAY clip below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms