President Obama is back at it again with the declarations of love for his wife and First Lady, Michelle. He wished her a loving happy birthday in a famous throwback photo of the two of them sitting on the back of a golf cart taken on the night of his 2009 inauguration.
Obama’s photo choice is especially relevant this week. The First Family is preparing to leave the White House as Donald Trump’s inauguration is merely days away. Although the President and First Lady have a plethora of heartwarming photographs together (see: the photo President Obama used to celebrate their 24th wedding anniversary or all of their photo-ops before state dinners), the President decided on a photo that represented the beginning of their journey together in the White House.
The tweet itself echoed a shoutout President Obama made during his farewell address. The birthday message reads, “To the girl from the South Side who took on a role she didn’t ask for and made it her own: Happy Birthday, Michelle. I love you.” In the speech, he praised Michelle and said:
It’s pretty much the ultimate throwback photo.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement