The notoriously bitter 2016 presidential campaign laid bare the partisan divisions throughout the country.
In the wake of the election, leaders of both political parties have urged Americans to work toward unity. As President-elect Donald Trump prepares for his inauguration, questions remain about what factors have been most responsible for dividing Americans and what will come next.
In this poll ahead of the World Economic Forum in Davos this week, TIME asks what readers think about a divided America. TIME Deputy Managing Editor Michael Duffy will present the results in Davos, Switzerland on Jan. 18.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science