It was undoubtedly a good night at New York’s famous Comedy Cellar on Thursday, when legendary comedian Chris Rock was joined by Dave Chappelle, Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari, and even Jerry Seinfeld for turns at the mic in a series of unexpected appearances. According to accounts posted to Instagram, Chappelle and Schumer were very last-minute, impromptu additions to the lineup, turning the evening into what the club is calling an “epic” and “magic” night, based on their Instagram captions. “You can’t make this up,” one photo reads. Thanks for rubbing it in, Comedy Cellar!
Rock, who recently popped in to Saturday Night Live during Chappelle’s night as host and attended a Knicks game with Schumer, is launching his Total Blackout comedy tour in February. Schumer’s new movie with Goldie Hawn, Snatched, is out this spring.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com