Stephen Colbert relished new updates to the story on the unsubstantiated document containing salacious allegations about Donald Trump‘s relationship with Russia, using his opening Late Show monologue Thursday to unpack the name of the former British spy who reportedly put the dossier together.
Christopher Steele is a “kind of on-the-nose name for a British agent,” Colbert said. “Actually, you know what, Christopher Steele really sounds more like a gay porn name.”
Colbert noted there are reports that Steele is on the run: “He was seen fleeing his home yesterday and asked a neighbor to take care of his cat. Oh, you gotta protect the cat, because Trump is known for grabbing the p—y,” Colbert joked.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive