Obama awarded Biden with the Presidential Medal of Freedom after calling the vice president his “brother” and a “lion of American history.” An emotional Biden accepted the honor but said it was “well beyond” what he deserves.
Below is a complete transcript of the event.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time