Trump’s selection of Sessions has already received heavy opposition from Democrats. New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker said he will take the unprecedented step of testifying against Sessions during his hearings.
Democratic Senators are expected to focus on Sessions’ record on justice and civil rights issues. His inflammatory comments on race caused the Senate Judiciary Committee to block him from becoming a federal judge when he was nominated by President Ronald Reagan in 1986.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m. Watch the proceedings live here.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow