Trump’s selection of Sessions has already received heavy opposition from Democrats. New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker said he will take the unprecedented step of testifying against Sessions during his hearings.
Democratic Senators are expected to focus on Sessions’ record on justice and civil rights issues. His inflammatory comments on race caused the Senate Judiciary Committee to block him from becoming a federal judge when he was nominated by President Ronald Reagan in 1986.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m. Watch the proceedings live here.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror