When asked about which actresses he loved, the then contender for the Republican presidential nomination named Streep and Julia Roberts.
“Julia Roberts is terrific, and many others. Meryl Streep is excellent; she’s a fine person, too,” Trump told THR.
In her acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille Award during Sunday night’s Golden Globes ceremony, Streep took aim at the President-elect’s 2015 mocking of disabled New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski at a campaign rally, and advocated for press freedom. Trump fired back Monday morning in a series of tweets, calling her an “overrated” on Twitter on Monday morning.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer