1. We need ‘open source’ crops. Find out why.
By Rachel Cernansky in Ensia
2. Here’s how to fix math education in the U.S.
By Jo Boaler and Pablo Zoido in Scientific American
3. Can media literacy help us fight fake news, or has it already backfired?
By Danah Boyd in Points
4. There’s a better way to do arts philanthropy.
By Ian David Moss in the Stanford Social Innovation Review
5. An enlightened society can do better than solitary confinement.
By the editorial board of the Christian Science Monitor
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space