In a reflection of the “peaks and pits” of 2016 on her app, Kendall Jenner talked about her struggle with anxiety. Following the footsteps of her sister, Kim — who has been open about her struggle with psoriasis — Jenner was honest about the trials of having panic attacks.
“Anxiety was a huge hurdle for me to deal with this past year (and security concerns didn’t help),” she wrote. “But I think I’m finally learning how to cope.”
“I once had a really bad attack on a plane and just had to ride it out,” Jenner elaborated in another piece on her app. “I felt my heart beating a million miles an hour and I even went a little numb.” She’s since learned to cope by approaching the anxiety in a new way. “It’s all mental, so I try to prevent anxiety attacks by bringing my mind somewhere else.”
Jenner attached photos of her breathing deeply and doing a yoga pose on a rock, and said that doing breathing exercises helps her to calm down.
[h/t Harper’s Bazaar]
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms