In a reflection of the “peaks and pits” of 2016 on her app, Kendall Jenner talked about her struggle with anxiety. Following the footsteps of her sister, Kim — who has been open about her struggle with psoriasis — Jenner was honest about the trials of having panic attacks.
“Anxiety was a huge hurdle for me to deal with this past year (and security concerns didn’t help),” she wrote. “But I think I’m finally learning how to cope.”
“I once had a really bad attack on a plane and just had to ride it out,” Jenner elaborated in another piece on her app. “I felt my heart beating a million miles an hour and I even went a little numb.” She’s since learned to cope by approaching the anxiety in a new way. “It’s all mental, so I try to prevent anxiety attacks by bringing my mind somewhere else.”
Jenner attached photos of her breathing deeply and doing a yoga pose on a rock, and said that doing breathing exercises helps her to calm down.
[h/t Harper’s Bazaar]
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now