Jenna Bush Hager accidentally mashed up the titles of two Golden Globe-nominated movies on the red carpet on Sunday.
While speaking to Pharrell Williams, who is nominated for composing the score of Hidden Figures, Hager mistakenly called the movie by a different title.
“So, you’re nominated for Hidden Fences…” said Hager while talking to the producer, who was quite stoic, on the carpet.
Hager confused Hidden Figures — a movie about three black female mathematicians who helped the first astronaut orbit the Earth — with Fences, an adaptation of August Wilson’s powerful 1983 play, which stars Globe nominees Denzel Washington and Viola Davis and is not about space travel.
You can see the blunder below:
Audiences quickly took notice — and action: someone has already memed the moment by adding the Curb Your Enthusiasm music to the clip, adding some humor to the cringeworthy gaffe.
Watch the edited video below:
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023