Hulu has released a first look at its eerily timely new drama The Handmaid’s Tale.
Set in the dystopian Republic of Gilead — a totalitarian theocracy in what was once the United States, where women have been stripped of their personal rights — the series stars Elisabeth Moss as Offred, who ends up in a class called handmaids, females whose sole role in society is to reproduce.
Handmaid’s Tale, which is based on the 1985 Margaret Atwood novel of the same name, also stars Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski, Samira Wiley, and Alexis Bledel.
The Handmaid’s Tale will debut April 26 on Hulu. Stay tuned for more scoop on the new series out of Hulu’s TCA day.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.