President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama hosted a farewell party on Friday night, and celebrities flocked to the White House for the event.
Attendees included Solange Knowles, John Legend, Chrissy Teigen, Jerry Seinfeld, Nick Jonas, Jordin Sparks, Usher, Kelly Rowland, La La Anthony, Jay Pharoah and Chance the Rapper, according to celebrity posts on social media.
“The sound check of life,” Knowles captioned a photo that showed her performing at the event. “Was truly the ultimate, ultimate honor. Can’t even put into words. Really. We will miss your excellence, your grace, and the phenomenal legacy you have let us all share.”
Meryl Streep, Paul McCartney, Tom Hanks, George and Amal Clooney, Stevie Wonder, Robert De Niro, George Lucas, Lena Dunham, David Letterman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Rock, Tyler Perry, Jason Sudeikis, Jon Hamm and Tracy Ellis Ross were also spotted arriving, according to CNN reporter Betsy Klein.
Vogue editor Anna Wintour—who, on the same day, met with Trump during his visit to Condé Nast—and chef José Andrés, who is in the middle of a legal dispute with Trump, also attended.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working