Following Bernie Sanders’ Senate floor speech urging President-elect Donald Trump to veto any cuts to Social Security, Medicaid or Medicare, the blown-up printout Sanders used of a Trump tweet from 2015 quickly became a meme.
While Sanders relied on the giant poster in service of his argument challenging the plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act, the opportunity spotters of the internet used the photo to find the humor in the situation by turning the canvas into their own lighthearted jokes about everything from shirtless Sting to Cecil the Lion.
One user repurposed the Vermont Senator’s poster to teach an important lesson.
One user imagined a world where they could plan Cecil the Lion and Harambe’s lives together.
There was this choice photo of Sting and a fellow devoted yogi by a roaring fire.
An important question.
Another issue of great import.
And a tough question.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now