Following Bernie Sanders’ Senate floor speech urging President-elect Donald Trump to veto any cuts to Social Security, Medicaid or Medicare, the blown-up printout Sanders used of a Trump tweet from 2015 quickly became a meme.
While Sanders relied on the giant poster in service of his argument challenging the plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act, the opportunity spotters of the internet used the photo to find the humor in the situation by turning the canvas into their own lighthearted jokes about everything from shirtless Sting to Cecil the Lion.
One user repurposed the Vermont Senator’s poster to teach an important lesson.
One user imagined a world where they could plan Cecil the Lion and Harambe’s lives together.
There was this choice photo of Sting and a fellow devoted yogi by a roaring fire.
An important question.
Another issue of great import.
And a tough question.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror