Trump has disputed American intelligence findings regarding Russia’s interference in the presidential election, and on Wednesday he noted on Twitter that WikiLeaks founder “Julian Assange said ‘a 14 year old could have hacked Podesta.'”
“One little shadow hanging over the inauguration is the whole ‘Russia chose our President’ thing,” Colbert began Wednesday night. Trump also tweeted that an intelligence briefing had been delayed, but Colbert noted reports that it had always been scheduled for Friday.
“Yes, I agree—very strange for the future commander-in-chief to use sarcastic quotations about the intelligence agencies he will soon rely on,” Colbert said.
“Mr. Trump, you know you’re not an outsider anymore shooting spitballs from the sidelines, right? In two weeks you’ll be ‘president’ of the ‘United States,’” he continued, supplying his own air quotes with his fingers.
Watch the full clip above.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears