President Barack Obama bid farewell to the Armed Forces during a ceremony on Wednesday.
Obama commended Defense Secretary Ash Carter, General Joseph Dunford, General Paul Selva, Vice President Joe Biden and the members of Congress for their work throughout his presidency.
“I can stand before your today and say that there has been no greater privilege and no greater honor, than serving as commander-in-chief of the greatest military in the history of the world,” the President said.
Read his full remarks below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve