President Barack Obama bid farewell to the Armed Forces during a ceremony on Wednesday.
Obama commended Defense Secretary Ash Carter, General Joseph Dunford, General Paul Selva, Vice President Joe Biden and the members of Congress for their work throughout his presidency.
“I can stand before your today and say that there has been no greater privilege and no greater honor, than serving as commander-in-chief of the greatest military in the history of the world,” the President said.
Read his full remarks below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time