Deadpool may be the highest-grossing R-rated movie in box office history, but there was a time when star Ryan Reynolds wasn’t sure how it would turn out. During a recent interview with Variety, the 40-year-old actor spoke about the severe anxiety he experienced while working on the popular superhero flick.
“I never, ever slept. Or I was sleeping at a perfect right angle — just sitting straight, constantly working at the same time,” he said. “By the time we were in post [production], we’d been to Comic-Con, and people went crazy for it. The expectations were eating me alive.”
However, he luckily had wife Blake Lively to support him through the difficult period. “Blake helped me through that,” Reynolds said. “I’m lucky to have her around just to keep me sane.”
Read more at Variety.com.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears