Ashley Graham is strutting into 2017 like she did into 2016: with contagious confidence. The stunner, who last year became the first plus-size model to cover Maxim and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, shared yet another inspiring message on body positivity alongside a photo of herself on Instagram Sunday.
The 28-year old captioned a runway photo that shows off her signature curves from behind with a thank you to everyone who helped her make 2016 such a success as well as a call for her fans to embrace their bodies—big, small and everything in between.
“Walking into #2017 with boldness, excitement and confidence!! Thank you to all the people who helped me achieve so many of my goals, dreams and desires this past year!” Graham captioned the ‘gram. “Dream big and get what you want.. Happy New Year!”
Graham is no stranger to the #bodypos movement. In August she responded to internet haters with a powerful Lenny Letter essay voicing her frustrations about the feeling of entitlement people have about her body. “I am more than my measurements. I’m not Ashley Graham just because I’m curvy,” she wrote. “Let’s worry about our own bodies. My body is MY body. I’ll call the shots.”
Get it, girl!
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out