Almost 6.4 million Americans have signed up for insurance in 2017 under the Affordable Care Act, a record for this point in the year, federal officials said this week.
More than 2 million of the sign ups are new enrollments and the remaining 4.4 million are people choosing to renew, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. Last year, six million people had signed up for Obamacare at this point in the year. The enrollment period remains open through January.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve