Almost 6.4 million Americans have signed up for insurance in 2017 under the Affordable Care Act, a record for this point in the year, federal officials said this week.
More than 2 million of the sign ups are new enrollments and the remaining 4.4 million are people choosing to renew, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. Last year, six million people had signed up for Obamacare at this point in the year. The enrollment period remains open through January.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving