Wes Anderson has a knack for bagging big-name celebrities for his distinctive, critically acclaimed films, and his next project promises to be as star-studded as ever. Isle of Dogs will be another stop-motion animation film, like his 2009 picture Fantastic Mr. Fox, with Edward Norton, Bryan Cranston, Tilda Swinton, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Scarlett Johansson, Yoko Ono and others all lending their voices. And with a little luck, you, too, could add your name to the cast.
In a video announcement about the movie (with a cameo from Norton), Anderson said fans could enter for a chance to win a trip to the set in London and get a role in the film. Per the CrowdRise site where participants can enter, “barking, howling & whimpering may be required.” Comers must donate $10 to the Film Foundation, a nonprofit devoted to preserving movie history. Alternatively, it seems one uber-fan could donate $50,000 to “buy the grand prize” and join the cast.
Isle of Dogs is slated for release in 2018.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart