The liberal Full Frontal host and the conservative radio commentator are by no means likely allies. However, during a recent chat — which aired on Monday’s episode of Bee’s show — the pair seemed to agree that the United States’ current political atmosphere necessitates people who see past party lines. “I think that our future is going to require a broad coalition of non-partisan decency,” Bee said. “It’s not just individual people against Donald Trump, it’s all of us against Trumpism.”
Beck, for his part, has recently begun to moderate his most polarizing stances, penning a New York Times op-ed in support of Black Lives Matter and speaking out against the “alt-right” movement. “I, as a guy who has done damage, I don’t want to do any more damage,” he told Bee. “I know what I did, I helped divide, I’m willing to take that.”
Watch the full video below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org