A Maryland teenager fatally shot an eight-point buck after it broke through his home’s front door and knocked over the Christmas tree while trying to escape through a window. Ryan Manchester, 17, told the Frederick News-Post that he only decided to shoot the deer after he had called 911.
“I told them what was happening and they didn’t really seem to have any urgency,” he said of the Dec. 5 incident. “I don’t think they knew how much damage it was doing. So I asked them if I should shoot it. They didn’t tell me to shoot it. But they didn’t tell me not to shoot it. So I was like, ‘I’m probably gonna shoot it.'”
Manchester explained that he originally thought the deer was a human intruder but began recording video once he saw the animal in his family’s living room. He then retrieved his father’s gun and shot the deer twice, killing it.
“I’m glad I shot it,” he said. “It caused a lot of damage. I know people will judge me for it, but I don’t care. If it happens to them, they don’t have to shoot it. But after it did all that, it wasn’t leaving alive.”
Read more at FrederickNewsPost.com.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk