When Solange Knowles took the stage at The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Thursday night, she paid homage to one of the most memorable looks from her “Cranes in the Sky” music video — a dress that connected her to her backup singers.
According to an interview with Vogue, Knowles chose to use the connected dress (inspired by an Issey Miyake runway design from the ’90s) in the video as a show of solidarity between women.
For her Fallon performance, Knowles sported a red version of it that connected her to two of her backup singers as they sang a medley of “Rise” and “Weary” from her new album, A Seat at the Table, basically confirming that Solange has the coolest girl gang around.
Watch the full clip above.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color