When Solange Knowles took the stage at The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Thursday night, she paid homage to one of the most memorable looks from her “Cranes in the Sky” music video — a dress that connected her to her backup singers.
According to an interview with Vogue, Knowles chose to use the connected dress (inspired by an Issey Miyake runway design from the ’90s) in the video as a show of solidarity between women.
For her Fallon performance, Knowles sported a red version of it that connected her to two of her backup singers as they sang a medley of “Rise” and “Weary” from her new album, A Seat at the Table, basically confirming that Solange has the coolest girl gang around.
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com