Anything can happen on live broadcast television. Luckily, this reel of the best news bloopers from the year is one masterful supercut of all the funniest, most outrageous, and most uncomfortable things that happened on air over the last twelve months. From (many) animal mishaps—like misbehaving snakes and frisky giraffes—to uncomfortable NSFW innuendos between newscasters in their transition moments, there’s plenty to laugh about.
There are also some seriously cringeworthy excerpts, like the moment a disembodied hand appears onscreen to offer a sweater to a weatherwoman in the middle of her broadcast. “You want me to put this on? Why?” she asks. “We’re getting a lot of emails,” one of the anchors says, presumably regarding her spaghetti-strap dress. “I look like a librarian now,” she says uncomfortably. “That works!” rejoins the anchor.
And that’s just the start. Take a spin through the year’s most bizarre and best bloopers below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time