During an interview on Monday with People, the gold medalist revealed that the athletic pair had “kept [their courtship] quiet for a while” after fortuitously meeting in Denver.
“I was there for less than 12 hours, he was flying in for just a few days,” she said. “It just ended up working perfectly.”
Their modern romance began with an innocent video message from Underwood to Raisman as a part of a Yahoo Sports segment on Facebook, where Underwood asked her out on a double date with his Oakland Raiders teammate Andrew East and Shawn Johnson, who happened to be Raisman’s former Olympic teammate and East’s wife. According to Raisman, Johnson had mentioned Underwood as a potential love interest before.
Now, however, Raisman and Underwood are officially a couple, with Raisman planning on seeing Underwood’s family again during the holidays. See the couple below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating