President Obama on Tuesday afternoon will sign the 21st Century Cures Act, which passed Congress with bipartisan support.
The bill speeds up the approval process for new drugs and medical devices and expands funding for medical research, including the “cancer moonshot” initiative led by Vice President Joe Biden. The funding will also aid research on opioid abuse and brain diseases, including Alzheimer’s.
Obama and Biden are scheduled to deliver remarks about the bill at about 2 p.m. E.T. Watch it live above.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year