The cliffhanger ending established another parallel between Lorelai and Rory, who is most likely pregnant with her ex-boyfriend Logan’s baby. Show creator Amy Sherman-Palladino has often said that Logan is Rory’s Christopher (Lorelai’s ex and Rory’s father). If that holds, then it only makes sense that Rory’s other ex-boyfriend, Jess, is Rory’s Luke, the man Lorelai eventually marries.
Milo Ventimigilia, who plays Jess, appears to agree with the theory, saying it would be good for Jess to run parallel to Luke.
“I think it would be good for Jess to be like Luke because Luke is a good guy,” he told Entertainment Weekly at the Critics’ Choice Awards on Sunday. “He’s a little stubborn with the diner, with the way that he likes things, but who he is as a man is a very good man and Scott Patterson [who plays Luke], same thing. That was the most fun to be back on set with him.”
Ventimiglia predicted that Jess, who showed up on Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life as a newly mature, caring adult, would eventually show up for Rory.
“Let’s think of it in terms of who is Amy going to set up to fight for Rory’s affection,” he said. “Will it be she’s carrying Logan’s child and Jess is going to fight for her because Logan’s going to be schmucky, or is Logan, the rich guy, going to fight for her and Jess is going to be schmucky? I don’t know. I’m thinking it’s Logan’s kid and Jess is going to fight for her.”
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List