1. Here’s how pets can be a lifeline for people with serious mental illness.
By Erin Ross at NPR
2. Lego is the perfect toy. Here’s why.
By Genevieve Smith in the Science of Us
3. A hard line on immigration leaves an unanswered question: Who will grow, process and serve our food?
By Elizabeth Grossman in Civil Eats
4. The midwest has infrastructure to spare. Let’s move some government agencies there.
By Matthew Yglesias in Vox
5. Medical marijuana is used to fight pain. Why aren’t NFL players allowed to use it?
By Chris Roberts in Deadspin
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement