Rather than make his audience cry with laughter, Jimmy Fallon brought real tears to the eyes of his viewers Friday night when he conspired with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson to surprise one of his show’s producers whose husband is a master sergeant in the U.S. Air Force.
“I would love to give back to a military family that’s actually here,” Johnson told the audience of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, before making his way towards producer Karina Kabalan with Fallon at his side.
“You guys have been living apart for the past year and a half because [your husband’s] 5,000 miles away,” the Moana star said to Kabalan. “[Jimmy and I] wanted to thank you and your husband for your service and your sacrifice, and I personally heard you are the most amazing person. And we wanted to bring your husband home for the holidays.”
Kabalan then turned around to see her husband, Todd Kabalan, standing behind her. As the two embraced, Fallon told the audience he was “losing it right now” as he rubbed tears from his eyes. “I can’t believe we pulled that off. I lost it,” he later posted on Twitter.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow