According to Collateral Beauty star, there’s a lion in his backyard, although actual footage from his home shows that the lion is really more like a mountain lion or a feral big cat, something that DeGeneres kindly pointed out to him.
Smith, however, remained unconvinced, telling Ellen that his solution to the issue of the “lion” was to “immediately put the kids on punishment, you call the ranger, and the ranger comes out and says you have a lion.”
He later joked that he hoped animal control would be able to send the lions to his neighbor Denzel Washington’s house.
Watch the full clip below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving