While fishing off the coast of Miami Wednesday, a charter boat captain and his crew reportedly hauled in a kilo of cocaine they found floating in the ocean. Mark “The Shark” Quartiano told WPLG-TV that his crew retrieved the package about two miles offshore, prompting him to alert the Coast Guard to their discovery.
“We just happened to come across a strange looking parcel,” Quartiano said, jokingly adding, “Lo and behold, it was one of those square grouper.”
The Florida fisherman said this is the first time in 40 years he’s made a catch of this nature. “I’ve found marijuana, but never cocaine like this,” Quartiano told the Miami New Times.
Watch the full video below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow