While fishing off the coast of Miami Wednesday, a charter boat captain and his crew reportedly hauled in a kilo of cocaine they found floating in the ocean. Mark “The Shark” Quartiano told WPLG-TV that his crew retrieved the package about two miles offshore, prompting him to alert the Coast Guard to their discovery.
“We just happened to come across a strange looking parcel,” Quartiano said, jokingly adding, “Lo and behold, it was one of those square grouper.”
The Florida fisherman said this is the first time in 40 years he’s made a catch of this nature. “I’ve found marijuana, but never cocaine like this,” Quartiano told the Miami New Times.
Watch the full video below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time