While fishing off the coast of Miami Wednesday, a charter boat captain and his crew reportedly hauled in a kilo of cocaine they found floating in the ocean. Mark “The Shark” Quartiano told WPLG-TV that his crew retrieved the package about two miles offshore, prompting him to alert the Coast Guard to their discovery.
“We just happened to come across a strange looking parcel,” Quartiano said, jokingly adding, “Lo and behold, it was one of those square grouper.”
The Florida fisherman said this is the first time in 40 years he’s made a catch of this nature. “I’ve found marijuana, but never cocaine like this,” Quartiano told the Miami New Times.
Watch the full video below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization