While fishing off the coast of Miami Wednesday, a charter boat captain and his crew reportedly hauled in a kilo of cocaine they found floating in the ocean. Mark “The Shark” Quartiano told WPLG-TV that his crew retrieved the package about two miles offshore, prompting him to alert the Coast Guard to their discovery.
“We just happened to come across a strange looking parcel,” Quartiano said, jokingly adding, “Lo and behold, it was one of those square grouper.”
The Florida fisherman said this is the first time in 40 years he’s made a catch of this nature. “I’ve found marijuana, but never cocaine like this,” Quartiano told the Miami New Times.
Watch the full video below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart