With a booming music career and four children, Kelly Clarkson has been keeping busy. But she still makes time for some date nights with husband Brandon Blackstock — though she admits they rarely go out.
“We don’t generally do a lot honestly, because we’re just so tired! He manages Blake Shelton, he also manages me, we have four kids, there’s a whole career!” said Clarkson, who stopped by the Elvis Duran and the Morning Show on Wednesday to promote her song “It’s Quiet Uptown” on The Hamilton Mixtape.
“I had kids older, so I had selfish times when I’d go out and have fun so I don’t feel like I’ve missed anything,” the American Idol alum, 34, added. “I feel like a lot of moms that started at like 21 having kids, no, no. I started at 30, so we’re good!”
And she’s not a regular mom, she’s a cool mom. Clarkson revealed she drives a top-of-the-line car, not a minivan. “I have four kids … no, I drive Tesla, the SUV Tesla. It’s pretty amazing. His name is Castle, I named him after the show, I love Castle,” she shared.
Throughout the holiday season, the singer has been sharing adorable photos of daughter River, 2, her little brother Remington “Remy” Alexander, 7 months, and Blackstock’s son Seth, 10. Clarkson is also stepmother to Blackstock’s 14-year-old daughter Savannah.
In addition to looking forward to Christmas, she’s also looking forward to the Grammy Awards. She recently celebrated her Best Pop Solo Performance nomination for “Piece By Piece” which she sang on American Idol in February, during which she broke down in tears while belting out the emotional ballad about her husband.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving