He’s revered for turning plumbers into superheroes and making turtles fly, but did you know Nintendo’s creator of iconic franchises like Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda could rock a mean guitar?
Wonder no more: Nintendo’s own Shigeru Miyamoto appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Wednesday evening, sitting in with estimable house band The Roots to perform the theme song to Super Mario Bros. Sandwiched between the band’s bassist (Mark Kelley) and lead guitarist (Captain Kirk Douglas), Miyamoto plucked out video gaming’s most hummable tune while the band accompanied him.
And of course Fallon himself had to get in on the action. Watch for that at the 0:26 mark.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time