He’s revered for turning plumbers into superheroes and making turtles fly, but did you know Nintendo’s creator of iconic franchises like Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda could rock a mean guitar?
Wonder no more: Nintendo’s own Shigeru Miyamoto appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon Wednesday evening, sitting in with estimable house band The Roots to perform the theme song to Super Mario Bros. Sandwiched between the band’s bassist (Mark Kelley) and lead guitarist (Captain Kirk Douglas), Miyamoto plucked out video gaming’s most hummable tune while the band accompanied him.
And of course Fallon himself had to get in on the action. Watch for that at the 0:26 mark.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization