The first trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight, the fifth in the Michael Bay-directed series, shows the film pick up at the end of 2014’s Age of Extinction. Optimus Prime appears to have died, though he returns later to stab Bumblebee. The trailer features a voiceover from Sir Anthony Hopkins explaining the audience will find out why sentient robots keep coming to Earth, where war has broken out between two species, “one flesh, one metal.” Hopkins plays a professor who researches the Transformers’ origin and recurrent presence.
The film, which stars Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yaeger, hits theaters on June 23. Although it’s the last film in the franchise directed by Michael Bay, a Bumblebee spinoff and Transformers 6 are expected in the coming years. Watch the trailer above.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer