Lady Gaga is no stranger to pushing fashion boundaries, and her latest choice would appear to have a hefty price tag to match. The singer recently wore a hat estimated to be worth $1 million.
Gaga performed at the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in Paris, which aired last night, and she wore an eye-catching black ensemble as she treated the audience and viewers at home to hits from her latest album Joanne. As Marie Claire reports, Gaga’s custom-made hat was designed by Gladys Tamez Millinery, who created the million-dollar design in partnership with Swarovski. The wide-brimmed number was adorned with 45,700 crystals and was reportedly constructed by a team of 10 craftspeople over 300 hours.
The release of Joanne appears to have heralded a new phase of the singer’s style evolution, and Gaga has sported different headpieces by Gladys Tamez Millenery before. This particular hat, with its 60 hanging beaded strands composed of crystals, has affectionately been referred to as “Million Dollar,” a subtle reference to the new Gaga track “Million Reasons.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time