Peter Vaughan, known for his role as Maester Aemon in the hit HBO series Game of Thrones, died on Tuesday at the age of 93.
Vaughan’s agent confirmed the news and said he was surrounded by family when he died. The actor was known for his roles in British television sitcoms including Porridge and Our Friends in the North before his turn as Maester Aemon in the medieval fantasy series Game of Thrones, which introduced him to a new generation of fans. Vaughan was highly respected for his character acting during his long career, which spanned seven decades. Tributes to the actor poured in on Tuesday.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer