For the 2016 Person of the Year issue, TIME commissioned Nadav Kander to photograph President-elect Donald Trump—the person deemed to have most influenced the year’s news, for better or worse—for the cover of the magazine.
Sharp-eyed readers may notice that this is not the first time that Kander has photographed the cover image for TIME’s Person of the Year issue. In fact, Kander took the cover portrait the last time an election-year President received the title, when President Barack Obama was Person of the Year in 2012.
For this issue, Kander also photographed the members of Trump’s inner circle.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time