Retired soccer superstar and father of four David Beckham is known for his chiseled—and inked-up—physique. In a thought-provoking new video for UNICEF, Beckham once again bares his famous skin, but not in the way you’d expect. This time, Beckham’s distinctive body art is on display to draw awareness to violence against children.
“Violence marks forever,” a child’s voice intones as the camera roves over a shirtless Beckham. His tattoos come alive, illustrating animated scenes of abuse and bullying, soundtracked by cruel laughter and fearful screams.
“David Beckham chose the marks on his skin, but millions of children bear marks that they haven’t chosen,” the video’s caption explains, imploring us to end violence against children.
This also isn’t the first time Beckham has stripped down for a good cause.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time