If you aren’t yet feeling the holiday cheer this year, this Christmas commercial from Polish company Allegro is sure to raise your spirits. Titled “English for Beginners,” the three-minute-long spot shows a mature Polish man attempting to learn English using a beginning language book and audio set.
After labelling every item around his home with Post-Its — and learning some more colloquial phrases from a movie — the man sets out on a journey that reveals the real reason behind his educational pursuit.
The heartwarming ad has already racked up more than 2 million views since being released Nov. 28.
Watch the full video below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org