Self-proclaimed “Nasty Woman” Helen Mirren might be the unabashed object of James Marsden’s affections, but she’s got a soft spot for some other cuties — specifically those of the four-legged and furry variety.
During a cover photo shoot for the AARP The Magazine, The Queen actress was surprised by a passel of adorable puppies who took over the set. Mirren immediately paused shooting to play with the dogs and to wax eloquently about their merits.
In fact, when it comes to dispensing dogmas about the pups, the Dame was a veritable guru, dispensing gems of wisdom like: “A barking dog is very useful, a good bark is a very useful thing,” and quipping that what she loved most about dogs was their “spirituality.”
Watch the full video below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time