A Southwest Airlines plane from Philadelphia to Orlando was diverted to South Carolina after a woman gave birth to a baby mid-flight on Sunday afternoon.
“Medical personnel onboard assisted with the delivery,” Southwest spokeswoman Melissa Ford said in a statement. “Emergency medical technicians met the flight upon landing and transported the parents and baby to an area hospital.”
Passenger Izzy Gould said the “flight crew did a great job” in a tweet that also included video from the flight, in which the newborn baby is heard crying at the front of the plane.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time