A Southwest Airlines plane from Philadelphia to Orlando was diverted to South Carolina after a woman gave birth to a baby mid-flight on Sunday afternoon.
“Medical personnel onboard assisted with the delivery,” Southwest spokeswoman Melissa Ford said in a statement. “Emergency medical technicians met the flight upon landing and transported the parents and baby to an area hospital.”
Passenger Izzy Gould said the “flight crew did a great job” in a tweet that also included video from the flight, in which the newborn baby is heard crying at the front of the plane.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy