A Southwest Airlines plane from Philadelphia to Orlando was diverted to South Carolina after a woman gave birth to a baby mid-flight on Sunday afternoon.
“Medical personnel onboard assisted with the delivery,” Southwest spokeswoman Melissa Ford said in a statement. “Emergency medical technicians met the flight upon landing and transported the parents and baby to an area hospital.”
Passenger Izzy Gould said the “flight crew did a great job” in a tweet that also included video from the flight, in which the newborn baby is heard crying at the front of the plane.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022