Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for Rogue One.
A Rogue One clip released Saturday offers another clue that a certain original Star Wars character may be making an appearance in the upcoming spinoff. Following an interview with Gareth Edwards in which the director responded, “I don’t want to ruin it for people,” when asked if Princess Leia is in the film, the new scene — which shows Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) rallying the Rebel Alliance — features a cameo by Bail Organa (Jimmy Smits), Leia’s adopted father.
As most fans know, Organa — who was played by Smits in Episode II – III — adopts Leia at the end of Revenge of the Sith after her birth father, Anakin Skywalker, turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader. Leia goes on to play a crucial part in the Rebellion, transmitting Jyn and her crew’s stolen Death Star plans to Luke in Episode IV: A New Hope.
Watch the full clip below, along with another sneak peak showing Jyn getting her hands on a blaster.
Rogue One hits theaters Dec. 16.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve