Capcom’s final Resident Evil 7 demo arrived for the PlayStation 4, PS4 Pro and PlayStation VR on December 3 during the weekend PlayStation Experience, Sony’s annual feting of its PlayStation platform.
“Final” in this case means the final version of a demo that’s been circulating since June called “Beginning Hour,” an escape-the-house Resident Evil 7 gameplay aperitif in which players scrambled to vamoose from a dilapidated Louisiana mansion. The final iteration is called “Midnight,” and Capcom writes that in it, players will “finally see how everything comes together,” and that they’ll be able to “explore what lies beyond the mold-covered door, where terrifying growling noises emanate from.”
Capcom says the demo includes PlayStation VR support as well as 4K resolution and HDR support for PS4 Pro owners. If you’re rocking an Xbox One or a PC, you can try the complete demo on the former starting Dec. 9, and the latter on Dec. 19. The full game is out for PlayStation 4 (with a PSVR mode), Xbox One and PC on Jan. 24, 2017.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State