The track, a cover of Eddie Taylor’s 1955 song “Ride ‘Em On Down,” is the first single off their new blues cover album, Blue and Lonesome, their first studio album in a decade. In the video, Stewart spends most of her time zipping around an eerily empty Los Angeles in a bright blue vintage Mustang GT.
In between Stewart speeding around L.A., we’re also treated to the sight of her buying beer, eating a lollipop, and having a sultry solo dance party at a gas station like a badass. The only time that the Cafe Society actress slows down is when she bizarrely encounters a zebra while doing donuts in a deserted river basin, a la Thunder Road.
Watch the full music video above.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears