Warning: This post contains spoilers for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
There were plenty of nods to the original Harry Potter series scattered throughout Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but the one that may have been the most difficult to catch came at the very beginning of the film.
As images of various wizarding newspapers flashed across the screen, there was a brief moment when a 1926 issue of The Daily Prophet was visible. And while the main takeaway from the page was that dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald had become an increasing threat to Europe, there was also a mention of a certain Harry Potter family member hidden near the bottom of the page, according to Mashable.
“Potioneer Fleamont Potter’s Hair Potion Woos American Wizards,” read the headline, referencing Harry’s grandfather and the famous hair potion — Sleekeazy’s — that quadrupled the Potter family’s gold.
Read more at Mashable.com.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow