Warning: This post contains spoilers for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
There were plenty of nods to the original Harry Potter series scattered throughout Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but the one that may have been the most difficult to catch came at the very beginning of the film.
As images of various wizarding newspapers flashed across the screen, there was a brief moment when a 1926 issue of The Daily Prophet was visible. And while the main takeaway from the page was that dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald had become an increasing threat to Europe, there was also a mention of a certain Harry Potter family member hidden near the bottom of the page, according to Mashable.
“Potioneer Fleamont Potter’s Hair Potion Woos American Wizards,” read the headline, referencing Harry’s grandfather and the famous hair potion — Sleekeazy’s — that quadrupled the Potter family’s gold.
Read more at Mashable.com.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time