Warning: This post contains spoilers for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
There were plenty of nods to the original Harry Potter series scattered throughout Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but the one that may have been the most difficult to catch came at the very beginning of the film.
As images of various wizarding newspapers flashed across the screen, there was a brief moment when a 1926 issue of The Daily Prophet was visible. And while the main takeaway from the page was that dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald had become an increasing threat to Europe, there was also a mention of a certain Harry Potter family member hidden near the bottom of the page, according to Mashable.
“Potioneer Fleamont Potter’s Hair Potion Woos American Wizards,” read the headline, referencing Harry’s grandfather and the famous hair potion — Sleekeazy’s — that quadrupled the Potter family’s gold.
Read more at Mashable.com.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023