Warning: This post contains spoilers for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
There were plenty of nods to the original Harry Potter series scattered throughout Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but the one that may have been the most difficult to catch came at the very beginning of the film.
As images of various wizarding newspapers flashed across the screen, there was a brief moment when a 1926 issue of The Daily Prophet was visible. And while the main takeaway from the page was that dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald had become an increasing threat to Europe, there was also a mention of a certain Harry Potter family member hidden near the bottom of the page, according to Mashable.
“Potioneer Fleamont Potter’s Hair Potion Woos American Wizards,” read the headline, referencing Harry’s grandfather and the famous hair potion — Sleekeazy’s — that quadrupled the Potter family’s gold.
Read more at Mashable.com.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.