During an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, the La La Land star revealed that she botched an audition for Nickelodeon’s beloved kid’s comedy sketch show, All That — a show that launched the careers of Nick Cannon, Kenan Thompson, Amanda Bynes and others.
When Stone was 12, she attended an open call for All That but was unaware that she had to prepare her own original characters for her audition.
“I thought they were going to give us sketches,” Stone said. “And then five minutes before I went in the room they said, ‘You need to have three characters when you come in the room.’ So I was like, ‘Okay,’ and then I made up a couple of characters.”
Despite not getting the gig, Stone’s characters were pretty hilarious especially given that she created them mere minutes before her audition.
“I remember that one was a cheerleader that couldn’t spell what she was cheering,” she said. “And then there was another one that was actually pretty nuts that was a babysitter who is possessed. So as she’s reading books to the kids, she’s like, ‘and then Goldilocks and the (demon voice) three bears,’ and she catches her head, and is like, ‘Sorry about that. Sorry about that.’ And then would keep reading.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out