During an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, the La La Land star revealed that she botched an audition for Nickelodeon’s beloved kid’s comedy sketch show, All That — a show that launched the careers of Nick Cannon, Kenan Thompson, Amanda Bynes and others.
When Stone was 12, she attended an open call for All That but was unaware that she had to prepare her own original characters for her audition.
“I thought they were going to give us sketches,” Stone said. “And then five minutes before I went in the room they said, ‘You need to have three characters when you come in the room.’ So I was like, ‘Okay,’ and then I made up a couple of characters.”
Despite not getting the gig, Stone’s characters were pretty hilarious especially given that she created them mere minutes before her audition.
“I remember that one was a cheerleader that couldn’t spell what she was cheering,” she said. “And then there was another one that was actually pretty nuts that was a babysitter who is possessed. So as she’s reading books to the kids, she’s like, ‘and then Goldilocks and the (demon voice) three bears,’ and she catches her head, and is like, ‘Sorry about that. Sorry about that.’ And then would keep reading.”
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up