Five new songs to take you into the weekend, from a very different-sounding John Legend song to Childish Gambino’s funky, sunny standout track off his new album and catchy new sounds from 3LAU, MUNA and Milky Chance.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This
"What You Do to Me," John Legend
"I Know a Place," MUNA
L.A.-based girl band MUNA’S fresh single “I Know a Place” is an unapologetic, uplifting anthem for the LGBTQ community, calling out the hope for safe spaces. The pop-rock trio’s infectious sound will speak to everyone, regardless of their self-definition.
"You Want More," 3LAU
"California," Childish Gambino
"Cocoon," Milky Chance
German folk group Milky Chance has a slightly grungy sound underscored by naturally upbeat tunes—they fall somewhere between the folksy rock of Vampire Weekend and the haunting electropop of Beach House. It’s the kind of low-key alt-rock that appeals to indie listeners and mainstream pop fans alike; their latest release, “Cocoon,” is a pleasantly off-kilter toe-tapper.